Major Career Achievements
Business Development and Commercial Agreements
- Successfully negotiated major commercial agreements involving fuel discounts with a national fuel retailer, Corporate Services Outsourcing Agreement between Automobile Clubs (RAA and AANT) and developing new products and services for Automobile Club (AANT).
- Implementing COAG national heavy vehicle reform throughout Australia with potential national productivity benefits that have been estimated to range from $9b to $20b (NPV). This required legislative, funding and operational changes to all levels of government including Police Forces and for the heavy vehicle industry.
Greenfield Organisation Establishment
- Establishing the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator corporation from reform concept to operating organisation with all required governance, finance, legal and technical systems and processes.
- Leading and managing transformation in a range of public sector organisations and the heavy vehicle transport industry resulting in national heavy vehicle reform implementation, reduced operating expenditure and service delivery efficiencies. Effectively communicating drivers and implications of sector change and providing direction in what is required to proactively and positively respond.
- Delivery of whole of Government infrastructure programs including record levels of capital works projects, repairs and maintenance services for all Government assets – up to 3000 projects and cash value of $800 million.
- Implementing Alliance and Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) contracting/procurement methodologies to the Northern Territory. Approximate profit sharing $5 - $8 million.
Competitive Tendering and Commercialisation
- Leading and implementing competitive tendering that realised significant operating expenditure reductions (20% - $8 million per annum), service delivery performance improvements and improved industrial agreements. Refer below for further details.
- Commercialising an Integrated Land Information System with private sector partner for domestic and international markets.
Infrastructure and Operations Management
- Delivery of Operating and Capital budgets of up to $1 billion.
- Leading and managing organisations with up to 1000 multi-disciplinary staff.
- Achieving profit targets from Government business divisions and statutory corporations in sectors such as such as Construction, Public Transport, Water, Regional Airports and Waste Management.
- Building and managing extensive stakeholder networks across all levels of government, multiple government portfolios, communities, business and industry.